Resources From PFLAG National
(you can visit at: http://pflag.org/transgender)
- From PFLAG National
- From PFLAG Partners
- Injustice at Every Turn: The National Transgender Discrimination Survey Report
- Movement Advancement Project Equality Maps on States with Nondiscrimination Laws
- The Williams Institute – LGB within the T: Sexual Orientation in the National Transgender Discrimination Survey and Implications for Public Policy
- Helpful Statistics
Publications and Sites
- Welcoming Our Trans Family and Friends (publication)
- Supporting and Caring for our Gender Expansive Youth (publication)
- Family Acceptance Project (site)
Articles & Suggested Reading from PFLAG Long Island Members
- Transgender History by Susan Stryker
- Transgender Warriors the Making of History from Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman by Leslie Feinberg
- The Transgender Visibility Timeline from GLAAD
- Father Shares Story of His Transgender Son
We have received some positive reviews about The Freedman Center
The Freedman Center “Transmens’ Group follows a combination of a therapeutic and support system model. It has been designed as a safe restorative environment, where guys can explore their journey to manhood.
Donna B. Riley, LMSW, is the group facilitator. The fee is $20 per session.
The Freedman Center’s Gender Questioning Youth Group follows a combination of a therapeutic and support system model.
If you are interested in joining these groups please contact: Donna B. Riley, LMSW @ 631-737-5559 or [email protected]